Thursday, September 29, 2005

X-box live

There has been a distinct lack of posts recently, primarily due to me finally getting xbox live at the start of the week. I have played online games on the PC since the duke 3D/quake days but this is the first time I have taken a console online and I have to say it was a great experience. In what seems to be becoming a trend in the market the console people (MS in this case) really did take a good idea from the PC and refine it. The whole service really blows away anything I have seen on the PC by allowing you to jump straight into an evenly matched game and build up a buddy list so you can always play with players you get along with.

Possibly the best addition is the headset included in very live starter kit. This makes actual team play (rather than a team of people playing for themselves) a possibility like no PC game I have seen. Sure you get the occasional annoying prick but muting one person is a simple task.

I'd write more but I'd rather be playing some halo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Blake Handler said...

Oh no -- I fear that if you get the new Xbox 360, your family and friends (and bloggers) will NEVER see you! :-)

Fun blog! :-)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home